This is a wonderful salad, perfect for the spring and summer when you want something light and easy to eat.
Raw Kale Salad
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin organic olive oil
- 2 Tbs. Raw, unrefined Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 shredded yellow beet
- Chopped or shredded carrots
- Mung bean and lentil sprouts
- Currents, raisins or juice sweetened cranberries
- Cherry tomatoes
- Remove the leaves of the kale from the stem. Chop the stems very finely.
- Finely chop the kale leaves and place in a large bowl along with the finely chopped stems.
- Sprinkle in the salt and add the olive oil and vinegar.
- With clean hands, massage the kale until it wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Taste for flavor, add more oil or vinegar if needed.
- Add the optional ingredients and serve.
- Thanks to Penny Friedberg of The Nourishing Kitchen for sharing this recipe.
Everyday Nutrition - Maryjane Bembenek http://nutritionwithmaryjane.com/